About the Tour
Ancient terraces, ancient wisdom, life and relationships with the land, the forest, and the water… the stories unfold as you open your guidebook and make your way through this special place. Envision what the valley might have looked like when the first Hawaiians arrived as you follow the path through the native forest walk. Discover the plants that traveled with them in their canoes and how their culture was inseparable from the plants that sustained them. Contemplate the impact of plant invaders and learn what is being done today to protect fragile ecosystems. Ascend to the Whale Trail and take in the dramatic panorama of the ocean. Feel the spirit of Limahuli.
– For visitors driving to the Garden, reservation is highly recommended due to the limited parking space. Please click the “Book Tour” button on the left to make a reservation. Parking is included with the purchase of tours.
– Visitors to Wainiha/Haena area are encouraged to use the shuttle service via GoHaena.com. No reservation is required for visitors arriving by shuttle.
– Please check the Hawaii Department of Transportation website for road closures prior to coming to the Garden. https://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/roadwork/kauai/
– The Garden parking lot is reserved for visitors on Limahuli Garden tours only. It is a violation of our policy to leave your car and go to any other location besides our Garden. This policy is strictly enforced.
Garden is open Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Last check-in is 3 pm, and the entrance gate will be closed at 3:15 pm. Please check in 15 minutes before the reservation time.
Tour Duration: 1.5 hours (recommended minimum)
Adults (18 and older) – $25
Kamaʻaina (Bring your Hawaiʻi Driver’s License) – $10
Children (17 and younger) – Free with an adult
What to bring:
– Water bottle (Fill-up station available at the Visitor Center)
– Comfortable walking shoes
– Face mask if you visit the Gift Shop
– Sun protection
– Rain protection
– Insect repellent