National Tropical Botanical Garden would not be what it is today without our staff. We value our employees, recognize their contributions and right to prosper and attain their personal and professional goals in a respectful and safe environment. It is our goal to:
- Create an atmosphere, work environment, pay scale, and benefit package where NTBG staff members look forward to coming to work each day and are dedicated to improving our organization and achieving our mission.
- Develop an organizational culture that fosters leadership, independent thinking, creativity, and accountability while promoting inter-garden and inter-departmental collaboration and cooperation.
NTBG is an equal opportunity, equal access employer. A copy of NTBG’s Drug Free Workplace Policy can be found here.
Employment applications are accepted by mail, fax, or in person at the Garden’s national headquarters, unless otherwise indicated, at:
Attn: Human Resources
3530 Papalina Road
Kalaheo, HI 96741
Fax (808) 332-9765
(808) 332-7324, Ext. 229
Résumés may be submitted in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format. All jobs are posted or removed on a timely basis.
Excellent Benefits Package
Comprehensive insurance package*
- 6 plans to choose from (HMSA and Kaiser)
- 3 plans offered at no cost to employee
- All plans include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance, Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage
Paid Time Off*
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Paid Vacation Time Off
Supplemental Benefit Plans*
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC polices
- Life Insurance/AD&D
Retirement account (403b)*
- Employer match
- Employer discretionary contributions
Flexible scheduling options**
Remote work options**
*eligibility rules apply
** not applicable for all positions
Specific salary information is provided to successful candidates.
Sales Associate – Casual
Tour Guide – Full Time and Casual
Gardener – Full Time
Post Doctoral Research Position – Full Time, 1 Year (updated deadline to apply)
Kahanu Preserve Coordinator – Full Time
Director of Science and Conservation – Full Time
First Review of Applicants: October 31, 2023