Join Sarah Roche at the National Tropical Botanical Garden (NTBG) in Florida and enjoy 5 days of botanical art. Once on location start to draw with easy field sketches on the grounds of the stunning Kampong historic home and garden, where the climate of the southeast shore of Florida affords a natural open-air environment in which tropical species flourish. Explore rudiments of form from live specimens as you work in graphite studies. Some plants will be flowering, others will be fruiting and some may have all stages of development visible. Then add color with watercolors. Take home a journal filled with field sketches useful for future art works and fond memories of a unique experience. All abilities are welcome!
5 days: Monday, January 20 – Friday, January 24, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
WCBG Friends’ or NTBG Members $540 / Non-Members $640
Special cancellation policy will apply.
BAC 20 231
Fee includes: class instruction; visit to local botanical garden;
Travel, accommodations, other food and expenses not included. Dormitory accommodations at The Kampong may be arranged on a first-come basis. For those arriving on Sunday, January 19,
a get-acquainted gathering will be arranged.
Contact for more details:
The Kampong –
firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 442-7169
WCBG Friends Office –
email@example.com or (781) 283-3504
The Kampong Dormitories:
There are dorm room accommodations available at The Kampong. Cost is $45/person/night + tax. All reservations for the dorms are done directly through The Kampong. Let us know if you would like contact information for the appropriate person there.
• Dormitory-style rooms with bunk beds; one room sleeps 2; other sleeps 4 (all on lower bunks)
• 2 full baths; one on dorm room level; one on lower level
• Shared kitchenette between the two rooms
• Linens & towels are provided
• Laundry facility is available
• Wifi access
Some local hotel options (approx. Jan. 2020 nightly rates noted):
• Marriott Residence Inn Coconut Grove, 2835 Tigertail Avenue; 1.8 miles to The Kampong ($212+)
• The Hampton Inn, 2800 SW 28th Terrace, Miami; 2.5 miles to The Kampong ($204+)
• The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Drive; 1.6 miles to The Kampong ($194+)
• Hotel Arya, Best Western, Coconut Grove, 2889 McFarlane Road; 1.3 miles to The Kampong ($275+)
Special cancellation policy: Registration fees are refundable for withdrawals, less a processing fee as follows:
• more than 60 days: 25% processing fee
• 60 – 31 days: 50% processing fee
• 30 days or less: non-refundable and non-exchangeable
For overnight trips, we strongly recommend that at the time of booking, a comprehensive travel insurance policy is purchased which includes cancellation and curtailment coverage. Please see this recent article (Oct. 2019) on recommended travel insurance companies: https://www.reviews.com/travel-insurance/
4013 South Douglas Rd
Coconut Grove , FL
See map: Google Maps