South Shore Visitors Center
Located at 4425 Lawaʻi Road in Koloa, (across the street from Spouting Horn) the South Shore Visitors Center is the gateway to McBryde Garden and Allerton Garden. All tours begin and end at the South Shore Visitors Center where parking, ticketing, and gift shop are located.
Get directions to the Visitors Center or use GPS coordinates +21 53′ 8.67″, -159 29′ 33.04″ in your navigation device.
Arrival and Check In
Parking and check in for all McBryde and Allerton Garden tours is available at the South Shore Visitor Center located at 4425 Lawai Road, Po`ipu, HI. Each tour includes a narrated, 15-minute shuttle ride to and from the gardens along the dramatic coastline of the South Shore.
What to Bring
McBryde and Allerton tours are outdoor attractions and weather can be unpredictable on Kauaʻi. Visitors are encouraged to dress for the weather and terrain. Please bring the following items with you:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain protection
- Sun protection
- Water bottle
- Insect repellant
- Water bottle filling stations and concessions are available at the South Shore Visitors Center and Food for Thought tram stop in McBryde Garden.
On the rare occasion that a flood advisory is issued for the gardens an alternative wet weather tour will be offered. Wet weather tours take visitors behind the scenes to our Botanical Research Center to experience internationally renowned collections of rare books, plants, and science.
Weather or emergency-related closure of the gardens will be posted with as much advance notice as possible on our website, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Registered visitors will also receive an email, text message, or call.
24-hour cancellation required for full refund, 72 hours for groups of 5 or more.
Learn More and Support NTBG
- Shop for Kauaʻi Made products at the Gift Shop located at the South Shore Visitors Center
- Sign up for the GoBotanical Newsletter
- Talk Story with us and other visitors. Browse photos, videos, and news on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- See what others are saying about the gardens on Trip Advisor