With three offerings this summer, Kaua’i children from 6-13 years of age will be able to participate in NTBG’s nature adventure camps in 2011. Keiki o ka Āina offers two: Discovery Camp for ages 6-9 (June 13-17) and Survivor Camp for ages 7-10 (June 27-July 1); both offer an optional Friday night sleepover and take place at NTBG’s Headquarters, McBryde Garden, and Allerton Garden on the south shore. Kuleana Camp (July 11-15) is for ages 11-13. Its schedule includes Mon-Thurs sleepovers at the southshore gardens or at Limahuli Garden on the north shore.
Each five-day camp requires an application with parental consent, and a nominal fee.
The goal of the camps is to teach children about natural resources and Polynesian culture through outdoor recreation that includes nature activities, environmental games, and garden exploration.
For applications, filing dates, and more information, see the camp listing in the COURSES page at: Nature Adventure Camps
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, 05/20/2013
- Limahuli Announces Summer Internships, Ages 13-18, 05/14/2013
- New Book on Kampong Describes 1,400+ Plants, 04/14/2013
- Last Day in 2013 for "The Plant Doctor", 04/08/2013
- Final Days to Buy Tickets for Bali Ha'i at The Kampong, 04/08/2013
- Have you stopped by our Facebook page lately?, 03/12/2013
- Available for Weddings & Private Events - South Florida, 02/21/2013
- Next Hale Building Days at Limahuli Announced, 02/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, 02/08/2013
- Local Rotary Club to Help Kampong After-School Program, 01/09/2013
Now showing page 1 of 9 | Next Page