With three offerings this summer, Kaua’i children from 6-13 years of age will be able to participate in NTBG’s nature adventure camps in 2011. Keiki o ka Āina offers two: Discovery Camp for ages 6-9 (June 13-17) and Survivor Camp for ages 7-10 (June 27-July 1); both offer an optional Friday night sleepover and take place at NTBG’s Headquarters, McBryde Garden, and Allerton Garden on the south shore. Kuleana Camp (July 11-15) is for ages 11-13. Its schedule includes Mon-Thurs sleepovers at the southshore gardens or at Limahuli Garden on the north shore.
Each five-day camp requires an application with parental consent, and a nominal fee.
The goal of the camps is to teach children about natural resources and Polynesian culture through outdoor recreation that includes nature activities, environmental games, and garden exploration.
For applications, filing dates, and more information, see the camp listing in the COURSES page at: Nature Adventure Camps
Now showing page 1 of 12 | Next Page
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Limahuli Announces Summer Internships, Ages 13-18, Special Announcement, 05/14/2013
- NTBG and KCC Special Film Showing April 23, Press Release, 04/08/2013
- NTBG and KCC announce new lecture series: Around the World of Plants, Press Release, 02/22/2013
- Next Hale Building Days at Limahuli Announced, Special Announcement, 02/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, Special Announcement, 02/08/2013
- NTBG announces 2013 Course for Science Teachers, Press Release, 01/11/2013
- Kalo Festival includes Workshop at Limahuli Garden, Events, 12/02/2012
- Arbor Day Plant Giveaway, Events, 11/03/2012
- 10/20 Breadfruit Trees Distribution to Windward O`ahu Community, Press Release, 10/22/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.