Garden Connections is a special offering for NTBG members. If you are not a member, sign up today. You then "pay" for classes with a special form of currency -- volunteer hours.
The Craft of Hawaiian Lei Making
Register by October 10, 2007
When: Saturday, October 20: 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Where: Limahuli Garden, Northshore Kaua`i
The art of lei making has been part of the Hawaiian culture for many generations. While introduced ornamentals are popular in the commercial lei trade, the flowers and seeds of many native plants make beautiful traditional lei.
Volunteer Project: After registering for workshop, call 826-1668 to sign up for the volunteer project workday of September 25, 9-11 a.m. or for an alternate day/time to be scheduled prior to workshop date.
To see a full course catalog with extended descriptions and obtain a registration application for this and/or other workshops in the Garden Connections series, click here.
Now showing page 1 of 3 | Next Page
- Art of Discovery topic of May 21 lecture at KCC, Lecture, 05/21/2013
- Film Showing at KCC - Joseph Rock in China, Lecture, 04/23/2013
- Prof. Sir Ghillean Prance on Indians of Argentina Rainforests, Lecture, 03/05/2013
- Botanical Drawing Workshop at Limahuli, Workshop, 02/15/2013
- Lord Howe Island - lecture by Ian Hutton at KCC, Lecture, 10/02/2012
- Growing Breadfruit in the Home Garden, Lecture, 09/22/2011
- Revitalizing ‘Ulu - Workshop on Hawai‘i Island, Workshop, 03/12/2011
- Kalo Varieties Identification Workshop, Workshop, 10/17/2010
- Sign up for Botanical Illustration Workshop, Workshop, 07/17/2009
- Mo`olelo Under the Moon at Limahuli - July offering, Lecture, 07/03/2009
Please see the Lectures & Workshops master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.