Ethnobotany: A 17th-Century Vision of Our 21st-Century Worldwhich will be held at The Kampong on the afternoon of
Saturday, February 5, 2011
This symposium brings together experts in ethnobotany, with speakers who are particularly familiar with the 17th-century Dutch masterwork Herbarium Amboinense by Georgius E. Rumphius. The symposium coincides with the anticipated spring 2011 release of a multi-volume translation of this work into English by E.M. Beekman, under the title The Ambonese Herbal, which is being published by Yale University Press in partnership with the National Tropical Botanical Garden.
Keynote speakers for the Symposium will be Dr. Peter Raven and Dr. Henk van der Werff.
For more information and to register for the Symposium, see the
Kampong Special Events Page
For the full press release on the Symposium, see symposium press release.
Now showing page 1 of 8 | Next Page
- Bali Ha`i at The Kampong, Events, 04/14/2013
- New Book on Kampong Describes 1,400+ Plants, Publications Announcement, 04/14/2013
- Final Days to Buy Tickets for Bali Ha'i at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 04/08/2013
- Available for Weddings & Private Events - South Florida, Special Announcement, 02/21/2013
- Jazz Under the Stars at The Kampong, Events, 02/10/2013
- Scientific Symposium on Tropical Rhododendrons, Events, 02/02/2013
- National Tropical Botanical Garden Honors Scottish Botanist, Press Release, 01/09/2013
- Local Rotary Club to Help Kampong After-School Program, Special Announcement, 01/09/2013
- Special Tours at The Kampong during Royal Poinciana Fiesta, Events, 01/01/2013
- Botanical Illustration Course at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 12/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.