Barnyard students visit The Kampong during two six-week sessions in which the focus is to engage the children and build their knowledge of tropical plants, fruits, and other edible plants, including lessons to encourage healthy food choices. Students learn history, plant names, and how to identify plants by leaf shapes, and create simple botanical guidebooks to take home. Local artists lead the students in creating art inspired by the gardenís landscape.
The check will be presented on January 10 during a talk at the Rotary Clubís luncheon by Kampong Director Ann Parsons, according to a January 3 press release by the Foundation.
Now showing page 1 of 8 | Next Page
- Bali Ha`i at The Kampong, Events, 04/14/2013
- New Book on Kampong Describes 1,400+ Plants, Publications Announcement, 04/14/2013
- Final Days to Buy Tickets for Bali Ha'i at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 04/08/2013
- Available for Weddings & Private Events - South Florida, Special Announcement, 02/21/2013
- Jazz Under the Stars at The Kampong, Events, 02/10/2013
- Scientific Symposium on Tropical Rhododendrons, Events, 02/02/2013
- National Tropical Botanical Garden Honors Scottish Botanist, Press Release, 01/09/2013
- Local Rotary Club to Help Kampong After-School Program, Special Announcement, 01/09/2013
- Special Tours at The Kampong during Royal Poinciana Fiesta, Events, 01/01/2013
- Botanical Illustration Course at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 12/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.