The Kampong is pleased to present
"Turning a Jungle into a Garden"
by Craig Morell
Craig Morell is the Horticulturist at Pinecrest Gardens. He’s been renovating the Gardens since 2004, a year after the Village of Pinecrest bought the property from the Parrot Jungle. Turning Parrot Jungle into a municipal botanical garden requires a wide variety of disciplines, lots of community support, lots of patience, and lots of capital. Since the opening of Pinecrest Gardens, Morell has been responsible for its unique renovation, which showcases the historic garden so fondly remembered by so many.
A lifelong plant collector, Morell has a B.S. degree in Horticulture from the University of Florida in Gainesville. As a career horticulturist, he travels widely and spends his free time growing an incredible orchid collection at his home in South Miami. He also enjoys scuba diving, nature photography, and visiting even more gardens.
Thursday, January 20
6:30 p.m. – Reception, 7:00 p.m. – Lecture
General Public: $10 suggested donation
Reservations required prior to lecture; please call
Free to Kampong Fellows and Members; reserve via email to email@example.com
Now showing page 1 of 3 | Next Page
- April Lecture about Kampong Creator, Lecture, 04/18/2013
- Plant Exploration: in search of living treasures, Lecture, 02/21/2013
- Great Garden Design, Lecture, 11/15/2012
- Jones’ Lecture on Fairchild in Creation of Everglades National Park, Lecture, 05/16/2012
- Wayside Trees of Tropical Florida by David Lee, Lecture, 03/15/2012
- Fairchild's Canary Islands explorations topic of lecture, Lecture, 02/16/2012
- Florida Icons: 50 Classic Views of the Sunshine State - by Roger Hammer, Lecture, 01/19/2012
- Miami: Mistress of the Americas by Jan Nijman, Lecture, 10/10/2011
- Flora of the Pacific Northwest - by Dr. Fayla Schwartz, Lecture, 07/26/2011
- Growing Real Food in Your Backyard - by Chris Rollins, Lecture, 05/19/2011
Please see the Lectures & Workshops master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.