The Trials and Tribulations of a South Florida Naturalist and Photographer
a public lecture by Roger L. Hammer
senior interpretive naturalist with the Miami-Dade Parks department and manager of Castellow Hammock Nature Center.
Mr. Hammerís vocation and avocation are centered on the flora and fauna of South Florida. The recipient of a number of awards for his work with native plants, he has authored three books focusing on the Everglades and Florida Keys.
Thursday, October 15
6:30 p.m. - Reception hosted by Whole Foods Market
7:00 p.m. - Lecture
Due to limited parking, the public is asked to register in advance by calling (305) 442-7169.
Suggested donation at the door is $10.
Now showing page 1 of 3 | Next Page
- April Lecture about Kampong Creator, Lecture, 04/18/2013
- Plant Exploration: in search of living treasures, Lecture, 02/21/2013
- Great Garden Design, Lecture, 11/15/2012
- Jonesí Lecture on Fairchild in Creation of Everglades National Park, Lecture, 05/16/2012
- Wayside Trees of Tropical Florida by David Lee, Lecture, 03/15/2012
- Fairchild's Canary Islands explorations topic of lecture, Lecture, 02/16/2012
- Florida Icons: 50 Classic Views of the Sunshine State - by Roger Hammer, Lecture, 01/19/2012
- Miami: Mistress of the Americas by Jan Nijman, Lecture, 10/10/2011
- Flora of the Pacific Northwest - by Dr. Fayla Schwartz, Lecture, 07/26/2011
- Growing Real Food in Your Backyard - by Chris Rollins, Lecture, 05/19/2011
Please see the Lectures & Workshops master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.