Tuesday, February 27, 2007 -- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Garden House, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, FL
"Pritchardia: Insights into biogeography and adaptive evolution."
Christine Bacon is a Ph.D. student at Colorado State University’s Program in Molecular Plant Biology, Dept. of Biology. She has been awarded the first of a newly established McBryde Graduate Student Fellowship for 2 years for her research on the Pacific palm genus Pritchardia. This new research appointment is being made possible through the endowment for NTBG's McBryde Chair for Hawaiian Plant Studies.
"Understanding Palm Anatomy: A tool for the conservation of these valuable species." Jack B. Fisher, Ph.D. is Senior Research Scientist at FTBG. He has investigated the structure and function of tropical plants, especially palms, cycads and Florida endangered species. His present research, in cooperation with NTBG, is supported by a three-year National Science Foundation grant.
Now showing page 1 of 3 | Next Page
- April Lecture about Kampong Creator, Lecture, 04/18/2013
- Plant Exploration: in search of living treasures, Lecture, 02/21/2013
- Great Garden Design, Lecture, 11/15/2012
- Jones’ Lecture on Fairchild in Creation of Everglades National Park, Lecture, 05/16/2012
- Wayside Trees of Tropical Florida by David Lee, Lecture, 03/15/2012
- Fairchild's Canary Islands explorations topic of lecture, Lecture, 02/16/2012
- Florida Icons: 50 Classic Views of the Sunshine State - by Roger Hammer, Lecture, 01/19/2012
- Miami: Mistress of the Americas by Jan Nijman, Lecture, 10/10/2011
- Flora of the Pacific Northwest - by Dr. Fayla Schwartz, Lecture, 07/26/2011
- Growing Real Food in Your Backyard - by Chris Rollins, Lecture, 05/19/2011
Please see the Lectures & Workshops master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.