March 3, 2012
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
at Ho`oulu Lāhui, the site of Kua O Ka Lā Public Charter School at Pū`āla`a, adjacent to the `Āhalanui County Park warm pond in Puna, Hawai`i Island.
NTBG's Breadfruit Institute is one of the sponsors of the event, which is free and open to the public.
Activities will include: a cooking contest, breadfruit trees for sale, presentations on the cultivation and care of `ulu trees, poi pounding, tapa making, activities for the keiki, music all day, and local food featuring breadfruit.
For more information, call (808) 965-5098.
Now showing page 1 of 5 | Next Page
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, Special Announcement, 05/20/2013
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Botanical Illustration Workshop at Kahanu Garden, Events, 03/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, Special Announcement, 02/08/2013
- `Ulu Cook-off, Tours during Aloha Festivals, Events, 10/27/2012
- 10/20 Breadfruit Trees Distribution to Windward O`ahu Community, Press Release, 10/22/2012
- “Seeds of Hope” film showings in Hawai`i, Special Announcement, 10/18/2012
- Breadfruit Festival Goes Bananas - on Hawai`i Island, Events, 09/29/2012
- NTBG and KCC Present Lecture by Australian Naturalist, Press Release, 09/12/2012
- Breadfruit Institute Director Live on Hawai`i Public Radio, Special Announcement, 09/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.